Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Fucking Disgusting


"Fucking disgusting." I read that comment on one of my online posts and thought about it for a moment. It didn't bother me, but I was legitimately curious as to why someone might have that type of reaction to my work. See, I've never really cared what people thought about me or what I do, and I have a horrible social barometer, so I usually end up fascinated by people, but a bit distant. I don't know what people think is too much in any given direction. I described this to my cousin and she acknowledged that I've always been "filtered". Since I've started doing more art, that filter has been going away. I accept that. While I don't censor my thoughts and feelings, I also don't feel that I'm a good communicator of my actual feelings. So I have to carefully lay out what I'm going to show and tell. I don't lie to people, I just have difficulty telling people what they think they want to hear. It feels quite unnatural for me. It’s something that’s been annoying me for years.

So what should I do?
Oh right...Make more art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Mr Benja

Name

Email *

Message *