Sunday, February 23, 2020

Pen vs Pencil: A Philosophy And A Practice



At some point in my life, I started using pens to sketch. It kind of changed my life. It reminds me of that one quote by Omar Khayyám:
“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”
When I started sketching in pen, everything felt more permanent. It's not like I was erasing when I was using pencils, but now there was a freedom to every stroke. Once it was created, there was no going back. My creative mark on the world, however small, was made.

I started filling up sketchbook after sketchbook and really getting better at creating ideas. This extended to how I work online as well. The creations can now just flow.

And if I don't like what I created, I can just create another post tomorrow.

If you'd like to know what I'm sketching images for, please VISIT TRANSCENDENT PRESS.

- Mr Benja -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Mr Benja

Name

Email *

Message *