Monday, June 22, 2020

Should Artists Cash In On The Flavor Of The Month?

I used to have a problem with people "cashing in" on the current wave of social discourse or media hype, and I still do. BUT since I've started engaging with more people more often (thank extroverts), I've come to a much better understanding of the art that takes part in genuine discussions with the public.
In fact, the BEST artists do it without cashing in. They're able to channel the vibe of what everyone is thinking/feeling and add relevancy. This is why pop art spoke to me many years ago before
Get in that conversation and be genuine. It can be dangerous/scary, but it's fully in line with being an artist. Just beware of being an artist that's only there to cash in. That's for bums.

https://news.yahoo.com/several-antiracist-books-selling-heres-190257794.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Mr Benja

Name

Email *

Message *